Thursday, December 31, 2009

Christmas Mantel Pieces


Christmas Mantel Pieces

Originally uploaded by rudimyers

Goodbye Christmas! I will see you again next year.

Before I take down all of the Christmas decorations, I wanted to take a picture for the 365random group and thought of the mantel. It gets ignored whenever I take pictures. The tree always receives top billing.

I bought the Army nutcracker with the intention of sending it to my husband who was in Iraq on Christmas of 2006. However, it did not fit in to the box with the other items so I kept it for a Christmas decoration for my son who was three at the time. The nutcracker still comes out at Christmas to remind us of the time when Dad had to be gone and as a reminder that there are still men and women who miss Christmases with their loved ones.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Susan's Daily Photo Blog. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator