Saturday, June 19, 2010

Tired Feet


Out of Work
Originally uploaded by rudimyers
We started at the Arlington Metro and walked. And walked. And walked.

After we crossed Memorial Bridge, we visited the Lincoln Memorial. The family then walked down to the Vietnam Memorial. My husband's father fought in that war. We found the spot where men in his company were listed.

It was extremely hot, so we took an ice cream break by the pool on the mall near the Lincoln Memorial. I bought one bottle of water and wished later that I had bought more.

We visited the Korean Memorial next and then decided to go to the FDR Memorial. Unfortunately, the city had the sidewalk across the street blocked off. We ended up walking all the way down to the WWII before we could cross the street and walk around the Tidal Basin to the FDR Memorial.

I loved the FDR Memorial. The running water and the different figures really gave one the sense of the Presidency and the state of the country during that time period. Here is a picture of me standing at one section of the Memorial.

We walked on to the Jefferson Memorial. By that time, my feet were killing me, and I was so so hot. We finally made it around to the Smithsonian Metro and headed back to the condo.

Tomorrow, we pack up and leave. We will visit Manassas tomorrow and then drive on to Charlottesville.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Susan's Daily Photo Blog. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator