Friday, January 21, 2011

Means of Transportation


Means of Transportation
Originally uploaded by rudimyers
I took a young disabled man under my wing last year. We talked and messed with each other. He kept telling us (the library staff) that he was getting an operation and would walk. I didn't believe it because I knew the young man's story. He lived with his sister; his parents were somewhere up North; and I got the sense his parents weren't supportive. So, I was beyond elated when he came in one day with his walker. Every morning he comes in on his wheelchair, gets his walker, and goes off to classes. Every afternoon, he switches out. I wonder if one day he will not have a walker at all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Susan's Daily Photo Blog. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator